Typically, this event allows friends and families from all over North Carolina to meet and share their experience and hope with each other in a friendly and warm environment. The walk of approximately 5k (3.3 mi) is perfectly timed in November to be a comfortable and exhilarating way to actively participate in each others life and recovery.
This year we are adapting to the world around us and want to keep our community safe. We will be holding a virtual ceremony still focused on community healing. Join us for an hour of reflection, encouragement, and healing as we come together, tethered by this common thread.
This event is open to anyone who has experienced loss of a friend or family member to suicide or cares about someone who has. In short, all are welcome!
Any small amount of time or resources helps to make our work possible. We welcome anyone looking to get more involved in any way. This isn’t something we can do alone, and neither should you. Join us!
Get a Team together and join us!
Support Triangle SOS
TOGETHER, WE ARE STRONGER.
Every dollar counts! Triangle SOS sponsors the annual Survivors Conference and The Survivors Walk which raises donations for local community programs that support suicide prevention programs and help save lives. Your donation allows us cover basic expenses and our annual events. Donations are tax deductible.
We have many opportunities for volunteers to make a meaningful contribution. This year volunteering may look a bit different, but there are always ways of contributing! Contact us, and we’ll find the perfect fit for you. Triangle SOS relies on volunteers like you to enable us to continue hosting the long-running Triangle support group for survivors as well as making our annual Survivors Walk and other events memorable.
Losing a loved one to suicide is painful and traumatic. It’s complicated and hard for people to understand. Other survivors know the complicated and deep loss you are feeling. Together, we find comfort and support in each other as we struggle to deal with this horrific loss.
Teams are a great way to inspire momentum as you remember your loved one. We challenge you to create a team, nominate a team captain, and design an event or fundraiser in their honor. Then, join us <date> for a virtual ceremony of remembrance and healing. All proceeds from your team’s fundraising efforts are dispersed by Triangle Survivors of Suicide to local community programs that promote suicide prevention and help save lives. See some ideas of how your team can get involved below! Or come up with your own plan!
- Create and sell masks
- Have a night of remembrance using social distancing and/ or zoom to share stories and fond memories of your loved one.
- Share pictures of your loved one with your team.
- Come up with a Team Name and way to identify yourselves.
- Make at least 5 other people aware of the “Talk”
- Suggest that a favorite Vendor you use contribute in some way, i.e. % of all proceeds go to TSOS. Or by becoming a super
- Ask a vendor to donate something to auction off.
- Organize a community event that discusses suicide awareness and takes donations.
- Sell buttons that you have designed.
- Start a raffle among friends by donating proceeds to the “Talk”.
- Pick an article or book on suicide prevention and invite people to participate.
- Do a community project
- Collect “Acts of Kindness” from Team Members